Director of Dental Hygiene and Clinical Support , Mortenson Dental Partners
Topic: Leveraging Hygiene to Drive Peak Performance.
Topic Description: Your dental hygiene department will contribute approximately 30% of your business revenues but drive the other 70% through restorative treatment advocacy. In addition to providing excellent patient care through hygiene services, hygienists have the ability to partner with doctors, teams, and patients to gain acceptance of necessary restorative care. Proactive dental business owners should fully understand what hygiene metrics to measure, and how to influence those metrics to drive patient loyalty, patient retention and overall financial success of the practice.
Bio: Andrea Edelen, RDH, BS graduated from the University of Louisville Dental Hygiene Program and later received her Bachelor of Science in Oral Health Promotion from O’Hehir University. She spent the early part of her career working in private practice before joining Mortenson Dental Partners in 2008. Her passion for patient care and helping hygienists achieve success led her to mentoring and eventually the roles of Regional and National Director of Dental Hygiene and Clinical Support. She is a member of the Practice Excellence Team which integrates Operations and Learning. Andrea is a member of the American Dental Hygiene Association and Toastmasters. She is a Louisville Cardinal fan and enjoys spending time with family and friends.