Panel – Leveraging Hygiene to Drive Peak Performance

How would your business be impacted if you immediately lost 30% of your revenue? What if the remaining 70% slowly dwindled away? These numbers may feel extreme, but they actually accurately reflect the impact your hygiene team has on the revenue of your practices. In this segment, Andrea Edelen, Director of Clinical Development and Melissa Thomas, Director of Business Operations, discuss the hygiene metrics that matter and strategies for driving your team’s peak performance while providing an exceptional patient experience.

Your dental hygiene department will contribute approximately 30% of your business revenues but drive the other 70% through restorative treatment advocacy. In addition to providing excellent patient care through hygiene services, hygienists have the ability to partner with doctors, teams, and patients to gain acceptance of necessary restorative care. Proactive dental business owners should fully understand what hygiene metrics to measure, and how to influence those metrics to drive patient loyalty, patient retention and overall financial success of the practice.